Evaluation of the board provides an opportunity for the board to assess its performance and contributions, establish goals, priorities, and a learning agenda around emerging issues and needs, and to strengthen the board/CEO relationship. A mutually agreeable evaluation process creates a proactive forum where the leadership needs of the institution, and the new and emerging leadership role for the board, can be considered.
ACCT’s role is to give encouragement, constructive challenges, and impartial advice to boards as they strive to best serve their institutions, grow professionally and communicate effectively.
ACCT’s innovative process:
- pays strict attention to confidentiality and integrity
- focuses on impartial and fair reporting
- creates a customized survey that tackles the challenges and issues of the board leadership in a streamlined format
- analyzes assessment data and identifies areas of strength and concern for boards
- provides a summary report which sets the stage for strategic improvements and establishing performance goals
- acts as a "Third Voice," a critical advantage
- facilitates a customized board retreat in conjunction with the summary report giving the board an opportunity to engage in constructive dialog on how to close the "gaps" between expectations and performance
- A summary report of findings is prepared and presented to the board either by a retreat consultant, or simply sent with our written recommendations/comments
- coordinates a fair and confidential process to distribute and tabulate quantitative and qualitative data from trustees
For more information please contact: